Over the years, HP has evolved as a brand both in terms of its innovation and design to rule the roost in the world of printers as the frontrunner. People prefer printing machines from this brand for the simple reason that they are highly reliable.
While every electronic device comes across with some kind of warranty, there is no hard-and-fast rule that a piece will not develop an issue in the course of its usage. The same holds true for HP printers as well.
HP manufactures both wired and wireless printers. While a majority of people would know how to take care of the issues with a wired printer, taking care of the printing issues that appear in wireless printers can be a different ball game altogether. The primary reason for it is the number of technical details it involves.
However, just like the other technical issues with the printers, you can also solve the issue by trying out a few troubleshooting steps. They are simple steps, so you should not worry. A number of users, despite not knowing much about the technicalities of a wireless printer, have used these steps to get their printer back to the functional mode with success.
why is my wireless HP printer showing offline
No worries. For the sake of convenience of our readers, we have listed down the troubleshooting steps in a proper sequence so they can perform the steps without any difficulty. Read on to know about the steps that you should follow to get rid of the issue.
Things to do to verify the printer connection
HP wireless printer issue is a technical issue which cuts off the communication between a PC and a printer device. It is one of the common problems that a majority of the users of HP printers face. Before going ahead and performing the troubleshooting steps, it is essential to check certain things. Make a point of preparing a checklist for the following things.
- Check the connection status of your device and if it is offline, think about resetting the printer.
- Go through the print jobs in the queue to find out if any print job is due or that the printer is inoperative
- Check if the restart restores the connection between your computer and the printer
If these aspects don’t seem to be the reason behind the issue, then think about moving to the next step.
Download the HP scan doctor and run it
- Visit the official site of HP and download the HP scan doctor tool. It is a tool which is available free of cost and helps run a scan to detect the existing issues with the printer on your computer system. Allow some time for the tool to download. Once the download is complete, run it on your system.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that appear on your computer screen. On average, the tool helps in scanning and resolving all the issues automatically.
- Check to find out if the issue still persists or not. In case running the tool does not resolve the issue, it means you need to perform a few additional troubleshooting steps as given in the next section in order to address the issue.
Uninstall and reinstall the printer software of your HP printer
- Go to Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features. Find the HP printer driver from the list and then right click on it and then select ‘Uninstall’. This will automatically start the process of uninstalling or removing the item from your computer. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- Now, use the CD which comes with the HP printer to load the software onto your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the software.
Ideally, these steps should help you in resolving the issue with ease. If the issue remains unresolved in spite of trying out these steps, perform the next set of steps as given below.
Select the default printer
- Check to find out if the printer you are using right now is the default printer on your PC. This is important as the default printer is the one which prints the documents. If it gets interchanged with another printer, there can be an error.
- Once you verify that your printer is set as the default printer, switch it off and let it remain in that mode for at least a minute. Next, switch in on and ensure that it is in a ready state.
- Next, check the icon of the printer. Observe the colour pattern on it. If it is grey and the box next to the icon is not checked, click on the box to check it.
- Go through the list of the available printers for connections that follow Check the box next to your printer to choose it as the default printer device.
Hopefully, these steps should help you in resolving the issue. If not, then there is something seriously wrong with your printing machine. You need to diagnose it in order to find out the underlying cause which is keeping your printer from communicating with your computer in an effective manner.
Get in touch with us
Resolving an existing issue with a printer can be a little tricky, especially if you are a new user and do not know much about how a printer works. When it comes to troubleshooting the existing issue with an HP printer, it is recommended to either have someone with the knowledge of know how or an expert technician by your side.
You can rely on our team of technical experts with their vast experience. They will not take a long time to get to the bottom of the issue. As soon as they identify the problem, they will apply their knowledge to help you in getting your printer back in the functional mode. Let our team of technicians have a look into the existing issues with your printer. To schedule an appointment with them, call us now!