Steps to Connect an Offline HP Printer to a Computer
A functional printer holds the key to get prints of good quality. While printers are available from a number of brands these days, most users prefer to select the printing hardware from Hewlett Packard (HP). The main reason behind its soaring popularity is its reliability.
However, just like other electronic devices, a printer has a shelf life. This rule applies to even HP printers. A technical issue can appear at any time in the course of using the software. Speaking of the common issues, a majority of users get a hard time when their printer loses connectivity with their computer.
Why does your HP printer show offline?
It is a general problem and unless one gets to the bottom of it, it is difficult to attribute it precisely to any single factor. The issue comes to notice immediately when there is a breakdown in the communication between the two devices: a computer and a printer.
As far as the factors are concerned, there is not just a single factor but one out of several factors which can be behind it. Generally, it happens when one sets another printer as the default printer. Or, it can happen if a printing task is in the queue, and the offline mode is not selected.
Other factors include the selection of an incompatible port. Your best bet to identify the root cause for the problem is to go on performing the troubleshooting steps and try to print a page in the course of performing those troubleshooting steps. You will eventually come to know about the exact cause when your printer starts to work again.
What should you do if your printer goes offline?
Unless or until one resolves the issue, it can put the printing functionality of a printer on hold. If you are encountering this issue, it is imperative that you perform a few troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue so you can get your printing hardware to work normally.
Is your HP printer showing offline? No worries. Perform the troubleshooting steps in the step-by-step guide given below to find the solution to this issue. These are some easy steps, so you don’t need to worry even if you are not tech-savvy. Just follow the steps in the proper sequence and you will be good to go.
Steps to connect your offline printer to your Window 7 8 & 10
- Navigate to the printer settings window and check if the printer you are using is the default printer. Ideally, your current printer should show up as the default printer. If this is what you see, try printing a few pages and see whether it is working fine or not. If you are unable to print, proceed to the next step.
- The next thing you need to do is take a look at the connection and then perform a power reset. You need to do this when the printer is offline. You can do this by resetting the power of your HP printer when it is in offline mode. Once you complete this step, try to get some prints and see how it works. If you do not get the desired outcome, move to the next step.
- Diagnose the printing issue with your printer using the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. It is free of cost and is provided by HP to detect and solve the printing issues in the printers manufactured by HP. If there is a problem, the tool will detect and resolve it automatically. When the operation of the tool is over, try to print a few documents and see if the issue is resolved. If not, then perform the next step.
- Check if the ‘Use Printer Offline’ setting is configured to print offline. You can navigate to the setting window by clicking ‘Devices and Printer’ and then see if a printing task is active. In case you detect one, check the box next to ‘Pause Printing’ and then check the box next to ‘Use Printer Offline’. Try to print. In the event, this step does not fix the issue think about performing an additional step.
- Ensure that you have selected the correct port. Follow the path: Devices and Printer->double click the printer option twice with the left button of your mouse. See if the port type is the same as the connection you are using. Try to print again.
- If you are not able to find a solution to the issue even after performing the last step, then there may be a major issue with the printer. It can only be detected after a thorough check-up. The wise thing to do is not to try your hand at it unless you are aware of the technical know-how for it.
Wondering what to do next? If you are not confident or sure about what to do next, consider getting technical assistance from one of our certified technicians. Read on to find out how you can reach out to them.
Contact us for technical assistance
Has your printer got a technical issue which you are not able to deal with? No worries. We are here to help you with the best solution for each technical issue. Our experienced technicians have a solution to all issues with your printer.
The best part about our technicians is that they do not hesitate to go the extra mile if it helps in solving a technical problem in your device. From their several years of experience, they know that the key to solving the technical issues in complex devices such as printer lies in getting to the root of an issue.
In the course of working on the technical issue with your printer, they will perform several steps to find out if the problem is due to hardware or software. Thereafter, they will take the steps accordingly to address the issue. So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call right now to get your printing machine in order in quick time.